2. She loves swim lessons, water in eye and all.
3. My niece Shelby turned 16...
...and Emma was happy to help her open her presents.
4. Saturday we had Emma's second third birthday party. Here's Emma "sleeping" in her new sleeping bag with her new pillow and flashlight - in the kitchen.
9. That night, Michael's basketball team played in the tournament. And won. Emma did well. Mackenzie? Not so much into sitting at the basketball game. And we were only there for half the game. A very loooong half. A rare picture of just the two us. That I actually like. (Would've liked it better if the haircut I'm getting tomorrow had been this past Friday. Bangs are a bit long. Like down to my nose long. Thank goodness for Leah and her willingness to come in 45 minutes early tomorrow to cut my hair. She's fantastic.)
10. Of course Emma had to sleep in her new sleeping bag. Except we're not sure why her pillow is on top of her. Nor why the vanilla wafers are all over the floor. For the record. Sleeping on the floor is not good for her. She was up three times this night and twice the next crying. Monday night I made her sleep in her bed again and she slept through the night.