Thursday, February 05, 2009

Random

So Darcy tagged me a while ago, I had to post seven things about me. And I sort of never did it. I kept starting it, but never finished. Then I got tagged on Facebook. Again, I started it but couldn't finish it. But I kept getting tagged. So after a week and a half, I finally finished. Then, I realized I could just copy those 25 things here and use them for Darcy's tag. Yes, obviously more than seven. But no way am I spending 20 minutes trying to decide which seven to use. (see #16)

1. I over-explain. You'll see. (or just look above.)

2. Dr. Pepper is my beverage of choice but not diet. Never diet. No matter what they say, it's not the same.

3. I lose things. A lot. I've lost two sets of keys including the remote keyless entry. A set for each of our cars. I start to panic if I can't find them right away when it's time to leave.

4. I forget things. Also a lot. Short term, long term, they both suck. Examples: I was going to the garage fridge to get milk and Michael asked for orange juice. I was back to the table in 7 seconds with milk, but no juice. Also, once in college I went tanning in the evening only to be told I couldn't use my package because it'd been used earlier in the day. I argued with the girl that it wasn't me, someone must've used it without me knowing. Then I remembered I'd gone that morning before class. Yeah, that was embarrassing.

5. I'm a bit messy. Not dirty though, just messy. A bit of a pack rat. Could be why I lose things so much.

6. I love my Zumba classes. So much fun. Great cardio workout. I highly recommend it.

7. I have a lot of fillings. And one crown. Enough that every time I go to the dentist I expect to have a cavity. But I brush twice a day. And floss, too.

8. I love to read. Once I get into a book, I tend to ignore what's going on around me.

9. I blog. Which is a good thing. Means I won't forget as much about my girls' childhoods as I otherwise would. See #4.

10. I don't eat salad.

11. I don't eat sandwiches either, really. Except cheesesteaks. Or a plain roast beef and cheese sandwich. Or a steak sandwich with au jus. Sensing a theme?

12. I let my LSW (social work license) lapse after I had Mackenzie. Which means should I go back to social work at any point I have to retake the exam and get licensed again. Have I mentioned I don't do well with tests? See #4 again.

13. I've been a bridesmaid in 7 weddings.

14. I keep trying to grow my hair out but get frustrated because the growing-out stage is ugly so I cut it. Then a few months later I try again. I'm probably annoying my stylist.

15. Since I first started working on this I cut my hair. And I love it.

16. I'm very indecisive. It once took me thirty minutes in Target to decide if I wanted the 3 shelf or 4 shelf bookcase. Even worse, I like a shirt in two colors and can't decide which to get. Or, just this weekend at old navy, couldn't decide between two pairs of black yoga pants. Did I want the fold-over waist or not? Seriously, I spent 20 minutes thinking about it.

17. Because of this, I tend to return things a lot.

18. My go-to number is 12. "Emma, I've told you 12 times to pick up your puzzle!"

19. I make cookies just to eat the cookie dough. I don't like the actual cookie so much.

20. I really enjoy singing out loud. Especially 80's and hair metal/rock (i.e. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Warrant, Skid Row) songs. Especially while scrapbooking. And I know there's some of you I've tagged who've experienced this wonderful habit (quirk? annoyance?) of mine in person. :)

21. I have horrible handwriting. So bad sometimes I can't read what I write. This was a problem in high school and college. Especially in college when I'd fall asleep in class. Wasn't bad enough that my handwriting was terrible to begin with, then I had the whole falling-asleep-so-the-words-are-only-half-written-and-the-the-pen-trails-off-thing making it even worse, if that's possible.

22. I talk. A lot. Again, those who've scrapbooked (and well, really, ever been around me) know this, since I tend to talk more than scrapbook.

23. I've passed the talk-too-much thing onto Emma. She never shuts up. Just like her Mom.

24. I'm a bit bossy. Didn't know this until my freshman year of college and during a housing search someone called me bossy and when I called my sister to complain about how unfair that was she said, "but you are." Oh.

25. And quite assertive. Although I didn't use to be that way. I've learned through the years how to stick up for myself though.


And with that, I give you this: an article in Time by a guy who would hate that I just posted those 25 things. :)


I leave you with Mackenzie running on the track at the fitness center this past Saturday. She'd just seen Michael and Emma and was heading full speed ahead toward them.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Katy said...

hee hee.. many similarities..
You crack me up.
The article cracked me up too, read it earlier this evening.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love #18 - your go to number. Why 12? So funny, I love it. Thanks for sharing, it was great to learn more about you!!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, girl. I want to try Zumba. My pilates instructor does it and she just raves. #1, 7, 8 & 19 are me too. ;0)

Marie said...

yup. this is you :) loved that lo by the way!!!

darcy said...

LOVE this! I too have cavities... and forget things.. and there were like 3 other things that we had in common but I forgot what they are. =/

Yeah for finally doing this!

And did you add new pages to your slideshow?? It's about time! Must go look!