So Darcy tagged me a while ago, I had to post seven things about me. And I sort of never did it. I kept starting it, but never finished. Then I got tagged on Facebook. Again, I started it but couldn't finish it. But I kept getting tagged. So after a week and a half, I finally finished. Then, I realized I could just copy those 25 things here and use them for Darcy's tag. Yes, obviously more than seven. But no way am I spending 20 minutes trying to decide which seven to use. (see #16)
1. I over-explain. You'll see. (or just look above.)
2. Dr. Pepper is my beverage of choice but not diet. Never diet. No matter what they say, it's not the same.
3. I lose things. A lot. I've lost two sets of keys including the remote keyless entry. A set for each of our cars. I start to panic if I can't find them right away when it's time to leave.
4. I forget things. Also a lot. Short term, long term, they both suck. Examples: I was going to the garage fridge to get milk and Michael asked for orange juice. I was back to the table in 7 seconds with milk, but no juice. Also, once in college I went tanning in the evening only to be told I couldn't use my package because it'd been used earlier in the day. I argued with the girl that it wasn't me, someone must've used it without me knowing. Then I remembered I'd gone that morning before class. Yeah, that was embarrassing.
5. I'm a bit messy. Not dirty though, just messy. A bit of a pack rat. Could be why I lose things so much.
6. I love my Zumba classes. So much fun. Great cardio workout. I highly recommend it.
7. I have a lot of fillings. And one crown. Enough that every time I go to the dentist I expect to have a cavity. But I brush twice a day. And floss, too.
8. I love to read. Once I get into a book, I tend to ignore what's going on around me.
9. I blog. Which is a good thing. Means I won't forget as much about my girls' childhoods as I otherwise would. See #4.
10. I don't eat salad.
11. I don't eat sandwiches either, really. Except cheesesteaks. Or a plain roast beef and cheese sandwich. Or a steak sandwich with au jus. Sensing a theme?
12. I let my LSW (social work license) lapse after I had Mackenzie. Which means should I go back to social work at any point I have to retake the exam and get licensed again. Have I mentioned I don't do well with tests? See #4 again.
13. I've been a bridesmaid in 7 weddings.
14. I keep trying to grow my hair out but get frustrated because the growing-out stage is ugly so I cut it. Then a few months later I try again. I'm probably annoying my stylist.
15. Since I first started working on this I cut my hair. And I love it.
16. I'm very indecisive. It once took me thirty minutes in Target to decide if I wanted the 3 shelf or 4 shelf bookcase. Even worse, I like a shirt in two colors and can't decide which to get. Or, just this weekend at old navy, couldn't decide between two pairs of black yoga pants. Did I want the fold-over waist or not? Seriously, I spent 20 minutes thinking about it.
17. Because of this, I tend to return things a lot.
18. My go-to number is 12. "Emma, I've told you 12 times to pick up your puzzle!"
19. I make cookies just to eat the cookie dough. I don't like the actual cookie so much.
20. I really enjoy singing out loud. Especially 80's and hair metal/rock (i.e. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Warrant, Skid Row) songs. Especially while scrapbooking. And I know there's some of you I've tagged who've experienced this wonderful habit (quirk? annoyance?) of mine in person. :)
21. I have horrible handwriting. So bad sometimes I can't read what I write. This was a problem in high school and college. Especially in college when I'd fall asleep in class. Wasn't bad enough that my handwriting was terrible to begin with, then I had the whole falling-asleep-so-the-words-are-only-half-written-and-the-the-pen-trails-off-thing making it even worse, if that's possible.
22. I talk. A lot. Again, those who've scrapbooked (and well, really, ever been around me) know this, since I tend to talk more than scrapbook.
23. I've passed the talk-too-much thing onto Emma. She never shuts up. Just like her Mom.
24. I'm a bit bossy. Didn't know this until my freshman year of college and during a housing search someone called me bossy and when I called my sister to complain about how unfair that was she said, "but you are." Oh.
25. And quite assertive. Although I didn't use to be that way. I've learned through the years how to stick up for myself though.
And with that, I give you this: an article in Time by a guy who would hate that I just posted those 25 things. :)
I leave you with Mackenzie running on the track at the fitness center this past Saturday. She'd just seen Michael and Emma and was heading full speed ahead toward them.