Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


See more menu plans at orgjunkie.com



I'm excited because I bought a grill pan today at Kohl's. We have a George Foreman grill but I don't like to use it because it's a pain to clean. I've been wanting a grill pan so I can grill flank steaks, chicken, even shish kabobs in the winter. I use the grill a lot in the summer and I really miss it when there's a foot of snow on top of it.


Monday - leftovers (Brunswick Stew)

Tuesday - grilled marinated chicken breasts (with my new pan!), long grain and wild rice, broccoli

Wednesday - pork chops, either cheesy potatoes or au gratin potatoes (depending on what I have), green beans

Thursday - chicken and dumplings, corn

Friday - Joy's beef stroganoff, egg noodles, peas

Saturday - pizza (this could change, as we might be at a family night for our church, we haven't decided yet.)

Sunday - flank steak, asparagus, risotto

Last week's recap: I actually did quite well last week. Stuck to the plan except for Thursday. Not sure what I was thinking planning to cook for all of us when I had to leave at 5:15 for a fitness class. I don't normally take any at that time because it interferes with dinner. Lisa and I wanted to try our instructors Zumba Tone class to see what it was like though, and it was a one-time-thing she was doing to see if people are interested. I ended up just making mac and cheese for the girls and Michael, I didn't eat until I got home. The baked potato soup was so good, Mackenzie loved it, Emma wouldn't try it. Same with the stew, Mac was shoveling in, Emma refused to try it. She's always been a good eater, and really she still is. She just does not like to try new things. She hears what it is or sees it and decides she doesn't like it without ever tasting it. Yes, she's like her mother.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Menu plan MOnday Already!!!! Whaaat- I need to go to the grocery!! Ugh!! I'll get back to ya.