Monday, February 23, 2009

23 degrees and snowing...I think I'll head to the outlets.

Because doesn't everyone take their small children to the outlet mall on days like today? It's going to warm up later in the week (40's, woo hoo!) but I needed to go today. Emma needs a bathing suit for swim lessons a week from today. I found one I like at Land's End, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't one somewhere else I liked better (and that I wouldn't have to pay shipping for) before I ordered it. While I did see some cute ones, none I liked better than this, in Bright Raspberry Mini Dot so I ordered it this afternoon. Bonus - I found a code for free shipping which saved me eight bucks.

Emma loves going to the outlet mall because of 4 things - the ducks, the playground, the rides and the Lego table in Osh Kosh. The cold didn't bother her a bit.




Mackenzie didn't seem to mind either. Although was awfully quiet - she didn't make a sound the entire time we were there.



As a public service announcment, I'd like to make sure you all know that the new American Crafts Zing! embossing powder jars are not 15-month-old proof. I was not aware Mackenzie had taken this one upstairs until I heard Emma yelling "Mom! Mackenzie is dumping orange glitter out on the carpet! Mom, she's dumping it! It's everywhere! Mom!" Thankfully, she didn't eat it.

3 comments:

Marie said...

love the suit-it is adorable! you will be finding orange glitter for the next ten years ;) oh and charlie has pneumonia. great mama i am...

Missy said...

That swimsuit is adorable! Oooooh, sorry about the rug:( PS- My Menu plan Monday started out with breakfast for dinner at Bob Evans..Tuesday-Tilapia, Wed- at church, Thursday- Chicken fajitas, Friday- hot dogs, Saturday- pork.

Susie said...

Don't you feel so weird buying a swimsuit when it's still in the 20s? I'm always amazed at the clothing industry's plan of selling products opposite the current season1 glad you got such a great deal, though!