Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday

This whole Scrapbook Sunday thing is working - because I did my first page in about three weeks last night so I'd have something new to post today. And actually, I just finished it because I forgot to put a title on it last night.

I have a hard time using more than one embellishment on a page. I love them, I have quite a collection. But when it comes to making a page, I don't use a lot of them. I love the pages I've been seeing recently that have butterflies (or other cute embellishment) all over the page, strategically placed to look perfect, but I just can't do it. (Examples: this page and this page, both by Stephanie Howell

I tried to do something cool with my snowflakes, but it just wasn't working. And then I decided I didn't feel like wasting any more time pushing them around so I just stuck them down. :) It works for me. I just have a hard time thinking out of the box, and for me, I think that's non-linear. I tend to have everything lined up neatly, usually with everything touching. And as much as I like that because it is what comes naturally to me, I'm getting a bit bored with it. Hence, my attempt with the snowflakes.

(KI Memories papers; American Crafts ribbon, jewel brads, snowflakes, Thickers, journaling spot, pen)

I think I'm going to scraplift a few pages just to get my mind used to thinking a different way when scrapbooking. We'll see how it goes.

On to some other pages. Not new pages, but layouts I haven't posted here yet. See, one embellishment.

(Basic Grey and Love, Elsie papers; American Crafts Thicker; Scenic Route chipboard circle)

I posted this page on Write. Click. Scrapbook last week. Still love it.
(Making Memories, American Crafts and Basic Grey papers; My Mind's Eye overlay; Gin-X rub-ons, Fiskars punch)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marie said...

hee hee-love the scrappy goodness...perhaps one of these days i will scrap too...sigh.

Anonymous said...

great layouts erin! I tend to use only 1 or 2 emblishments too - I get overwhelmed and stick it down. but it's a done page -right? I love Stephanie's stuff and want to get a butterfly punch. But boys and butterflys? well I do have a bunch of nieces...

Missy said...

Love these layouts! I like the idea of scrapbook sunday!!