Monday, June 08, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday (on Monday)

I mentioned a while back an album I'm making for Emma. It's still in progress. (In fact, I'll be adding pages to it until she turns 4.) The pages will be about things Emma likes, activities she does and things that make her happy. They're very simple pages. I'll be using themed embellishments (need to get a ballerina for her ballet page then I can post that page) and paper when possible. Very little journaling, just the who/what/where/when/why when it applies. And I'm using my handwriting. Amazing, I know!

This is an album Emma can look through whenever she wants. She can play with it. Carry it around with her. My hope is for her to love looking through it, to remember each activity/memory when she sees the page and to identify with the characters/themed embellishments when she sees them.

These pages are all about her in more ways than one. I'm not trying to use my favorite products, but what product that will make her smile. I'm not trying to get a perfect design, just something basic that will appeal to her. It's been fun. Really fun. Knowing that she loves it and can't wait to see a new page. Knowing that no matter what I do she will love it. Knowing that 20 years from now she will love looking at these and seeing herself as a three-year-old and what she liked and did. I love it.




Posted by Picasa
I almost forgot, the actual album - I had a Cinderella album I got in a goody box from Scrapbook Trends a couple years ago. It's been sitting collecting dust since then because I didn't know what to do with it. Then I realized it's be perfect for this, since she's into princesses these days. She got excited when she saw it. Of course, she first asked why is wasn't Snow White since that's her favorite, but that was to be expected. :)
Thanks for taking a peek!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

what a neat album, erin!! i'm sure emma LOVES looking at her very own super fun book! :) you're such a cool mom.

Missy said...

This is such a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

she is going to love it! cute pages so far! I started a 6 x 6 ABC album for Riley when he was a baby - I should probably finish it and give it to Brady!

Shelly Brewer said...

It's fun to scrap with no obligations.