Monday, May 19, 2008

Last Wednesdsay...

I took this picture up in Mackenzie's room. Moments before, they were both looking up at me and smiling. Then Emma saw the camera and the "Mommy, don't take a picture"s started and she tried to get away. Mackenzie just looked at me in surprise as if she'd never seen me before.




That evening, Michael built Emma's first fort. Did you make blanket forts when you were a kid? I did all the time. Mine were either multiple "rooms" in the living room or a giant one using the dining room table. Emma was all about the fort. Or, as she called it, the fork. Although a couple times she attempted to walk on it. Seriously. She thought she could climb up on the chair or piano bench and step onto the fort. Thankfully, I caught her in time. That would've been ugly.



Battle update: The last two nights have been better. Saturday night Mackenzie woke up once, I put her binky back in and she went back to sleep until morning. I had 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep and it was awesome. Last night she didn't wake up until 5:30!!! And I think she might've gone back to sleep with just the binky replacement but I was so tired and not wanting to hear crying for an hour that I fed her. Looking back, shouldn't have done that, might've set me back a bit. BUT, I feel I have won the latest round. Now we'll see how tonight goes...

5 comments:

Mary Jo said...

It's hard to resist them in the middle of the night, isn't it?
Especially when you are so tired
:0)
We have good nights and not so good nights here. Teething and a little cold have started Erin's night wakings again.
I'm hoping we can get back on track soon!

Marie said...

i LOVE that fork! it is quite impressive!

Michelle StClair said...

I used to love making forts. I remember when some of my fave babysittres would come over, that was what we spent the entire night doing. :)

Anonymous said...

we are all about the forts right now! Wow! multiple room forts. My best friend in grade school - her mom constructed a semi-permant fort in the basement. hours of play!! Good luck with the night time waking!

darcy said...

I hated the cry it out stuff. =( GOOD LUCK and you aren't going to know what to do with yourself when you get a good night's sleep!

And that has to be the biggest quilt that I've ever seen. Good for forts. =)