Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and chicken muffins



orgjunkie.com


Not much of a menu this week.

Monday - I was scrapbooking tonight with friends and my in-laws were here, so Michael and the girls ate with them.

Tuesday - Michael won't be home for dinner and I haven't quite decided what I'm doing.

Wednesday - same as above

Thursday - Chicken muffins and lima beans. We ended up going to Michael's parents for dinner last Saturday, so I didn't cook


Friday - famous pork chops, cheesy potatoes, a veggie

Saturday - not sure yet, I'm cleaning out my freezer tomorrow, so I'll see what I can come up with.

Sunday - pizza.


Last week's menu update:
So the chicken/broccoli/rice casserole that wasn't really a casserole last week wasn't very good. None of us liked it too much. Not even Mackenzie and she eats everything. And my french onion soup wasn't very good either. I think I'll stick to just eating that when I'm out.

But my mom's spaghetti and meatballs? YUM! The second try worked. It was soooo good.


Here's the chicken muffin recipe, courtesy of my SIL, Abby.

1 7.5 ounce can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup (5oz) cubed cooked chicken
1 10.75 oz can cream soup (chicken, mushroom, etc)
2 1/2 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp pepper

Line ungreased muffin pan with biscuits. Combine other ingredients and divide into cups. Bake 12 - 15 minutes at 400 degrees.


How I make it: I break the biscuits into pieces and press them down into the muffin pan so there's an even amount in each. Doesn't matter if they don't look pretty, they get covered anyway. I usually shred my chicken, just because I like it better that way. I use cream of chicken soup. I don't measure the cheese, just dump it in until it looks good. :) Oh, and I usually grease the pan, because they do stick a bit coming out. They're quick and easy to make and we all really like them. Let me know if you make them and hopefully you'll like them too.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe! I will be trying it. :)

Marie said...

i am commenting :)

and yum-that looks really good! can't wait to try it.

Missy said...

ok, 2nd try commenting. MOnday- well you were here, hotdogs. Tuesday-chicken enchiladas. Wednesday-at church for dinner. Thursday-meatloaf. Friday- just me and Laney-takeout!! Saturday- out of town and then a party. Sunday- probably breakfast.

Susie said...

OOh- add our own menu? Cool.
Monday: Moscow Chicken
Tuesday: Italian Tortellini Soup w/ Sausage
Wednesday: PW's Pot Roast
Thursday: Meatball Sandwiches
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: Hot dogs/Hamburgers
Sunday: Tacos!

~Any night can be replaced by pizza if 1. I forget to marinate or 2. I forget ingredients, which unfortunately is more often than I care to admit.
Happy Tuesday!