1. Emma loves to dress herself. For things like school, the fitness center and other outings, I either help her or veto the crazy outfits. At home, she wears what she wants. This day, that was Christmas present tights, a gymnastics leotard and a cowboy hat. She's awesome.
2. At the game last week, Emma was taking pictures (a favorite activity) and took this one of me and Michael. I'll post some others later in the week, I love seeing what she sees.
3. I stopped at Sweetie's and stocked up on strawberry cheesecake Jelly Belly jelly beans last week. Yum.
4. Not a lot of pictures here. When looking for pictures and things to post, I realized that's because they're over on the 365 blog. Apparently, only one interesting thing a day is happening and that's why I've been neglecting this blog. At least that's what I'm going with.
5. Emma now calls the girls in her class her "girlfriends" and seems to only play with them, not the boys. Also, according to her (and the other girls after talking to the other moms) the boys never listen to their teacher. Does this mean by default the girls always do?
6. We're having success with the no-thank-you bite. Emma's even doing it at school. At least she says she is. I think I'll check with her teachers on Thursday. They've both been doing really well with trying either new things, or things they thought they didn't like. Mackenzie is responding better though. Emma tends to still not want to eat the food after taking the required bite.
7. At my sister's last week, I couldn't find one of Emma's sock. Until my mom remembered where she saw it - on Tara's plant ledge. The two-story plant ledge.
Apparently, Emma was in Rachel's room (to the left of my nephew in this picture) and threw her sock. Magically, it curved and made it all the way on to the ledge. Michael knocked it down.
8. Made my mom's spaghetti today and I think it turned out the best yet.
9. Speaking of cooking,
Monday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, rolls
Tuesday - mom's homemade spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread
Wednesday - breakfast for dinner
Thursday - fajitas
Friday - chicken muffins, green beans or broccoli
Saturday - a new recipe, but I haven't decided which one yet
Sunday - flank steak, butternut squash risotto, grilled veggies
10. Our new phones came today. And that's about it. Lots of exciting things going on here as you can see.