Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I need to go to Walmart,

to get this:


How cool is that!

Here's where I found the picture:Heritage Dr Pepper

From Wikipedia:
Heritage Dr Pepper (aka Dr Pepper Heritage) (2009-) became available around November 2009 in various outlets around the United States, including major retailers such as Walmart. As its name implies, it is a "rerelease" of sorts of Dr Pepper's original formula, which uses real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, which Dr Pepper and other brands of soft drink started to use around the early 1970s.
United Kingdom's version of Dr Pepper, along with various other countries, is manufactured with sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup (much like Heritage Dr Pepper in the US, as mentioned above). Along with Sprite and Fanta soft drinks, a 'Zero' version was introduced, meaning no added sugar/low calorie, but maintaining a taste more in line with regular Dr Pepper than its diet variant.

"I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper,
She's a Pepper, we're a Pepper,
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?
Be a Pepper. Drink Dr Pepper."

6 comments:

Melia said...

I just saw this at Target the other day and wondered what it was all about. I was tempted to buy it just for the cool can :) Thanks for the info :)

Erin said...

Oooh, it's at Target, too? I thought it might only be at Walmart.

Kelly Ballance said...

I wish they would use real sugar ALL the time and not just for a limited time special. HFCS is horrible for you!

Marie said...

oh hooray! target too! :)

Julie said...

One of Jeff's customers sent us some of it from a plant in Texas. It is soooo yummy! I'll have to look for it at WM. :)

Lisa said...

Mmm I love DP! I think I drink a can a day too! :D