Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Not a fan

So we gave Emma green beans yesterday. Yeah, she's not a fan. Didn't like them at all, as if you can't tell by her face in these pictures. Oh, but never fear, we'll try again at lunch today, then dinner, then lunch tomorrow... :) She was pretty happy when I gave her some oatmeal. Then I tried to get all tricky and mix some green beans with the oatmeal. Um, she figured that out pretty quick.





As we've started saying "Boo green beans, Hooray oatmeal!" (We love those Red Stripe commercials.) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

darcy said...

Oh my gosh.. her little face!! That is HILARIOUS!!! I bet you are laughing the entire time!!!

Hey, that Emma is a girl after my own heart.. I'm an oatmeal addict... every morning for like the last 7 years!!! Geez I'm boring...

LOVE these pics.. can't wait to see them scrapped!

Rebekah said...

haha! that face is too funny! :) you've got one smart chick on your hands...she's not going to be tricked into eating green food! *lol* :) too cute!

Jill H said...

isn't it crazy how even that young they KNOW what they like?! keep on trying!! pictures are SO cute.

Julie said...

Great photos Erin. =)

Jenna never liked the green vegetables either (she LOVES them now though), but she really liked the turkey and sweet potatoes mixed...when she was big enough for meat. I am sure that Emma isn't there yet, but when she is, try that one and see if she likes it. Jenna was always a fan of the yellow vegetables in the baby food stage, squash and sweet potatoes. When she got teeth, I would give her small pieces of green beans and she liked them that way, just not mashed up. I can't say that I blame her. =)

Anonymous said...

Awe, I remember that face all too well. Owen makes that face everytime I put a spoonful of peaches in his mouth - lol! So cute, lil Emma.

Anonymous said...

aislin and declan both hated green beans!! and carrots. and well, i guess most vegetables.. keep on trying :-)