Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

So we started off the day with church, then brunch at Doogen's. Yum. Prime Rib, veggies, potatoes, ribs, chicken marsala, turkey, salmon, pancakes and other breakfast items (which is what the girls ate), fruit, omelet station, desert. Yum. Yum. Yum. We were full. Really really full.

Attempted a picture when we got home. This is the best of the bunch.


But we also got these.




All the moms got a rose at brunch. One flower. Which meant two little girls had to share. It didn't always go well.


This afternoon while Mac slept and Emma snuggled with Daddy for a bit, I ran out to the mall to exchange a shirt. It's always nice to be able to get in and out of some place, without buckling small children. When I got home I napped. And apparently I was sound asleep, because Michael said Mackenzie got right in my face to tell me she pooped and I don't remember it. I'm glad I was asleep. We had pizza for dinner. Yum again. Love Papa Johns. And now I'm installing Photoshop Elements 8. I will now be able to use Pioneer Woman's actions and I'm happy.

Friday my mom and sister came over and we took our mom out to lunch for Mother's Day. Emma took this for us. It was bright out. Hence the squinty eyes.


But before we got that winner, we also got these. Emma just snaps away without really waiting for us to say cheese, or anything.

(since my sister doesn't read this, she'll never know I posted that. hahaha.)

She's also learning about centering, as in not cutting off grandma. More lessons are needed.

We celebrated Mother's Day with Michael's mom yesterday at Claire's birthday party. I really should've taken a picture of Michael and Marty with their Mom but I'm just now thinking about that now. Oops.


It was a fabulous day. Happy Mother's Day to all my friends. Thank you to my awesome husband and amazing children. Today was wonderful, I loved it and I appreciate it. I am mom to two absolutely wonderful children, with baby boy (who is kicking me) on his way. I cannot believe how blessed I am and thank Him every day for my girls, this (still can't believe it!) baby boy and Michael.


5 comments:

Missy said...

What a great day! I snuck away to mall today for a bit too. fun fun!!

Marie said...

What a fabulous day! I snuck in a nap too-heaven :)

Renee said...

love all these pictures!!!

Ilona said...

just wondering what program you are using to run the actions, thanks!

Erin said...

They're The Pioneer Woman's (www.thepioneerwoman.com) actions. The specific one I used is the 70s action, and it is in set 2. They're available for both PSE and CS.