Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Boy or Girl?

So I started drinking my water about 8:15 this morning. I just want to say that no one should have to drink 64oz of water at one time. By the time I was having the ultrasound, I was in pain. I now understand why small children pee their pants.




Waiting...




Hello little baby.




What does that say?



It's a...


Which meant I had to pick these up this afternoon.



A few things:

1. I think my husband might be in shock.
2. Emma, who has been saying she wants a boy for weeks, changed her mind, started to cry and said she wanted a girl. This was after she got excited it was a boy.
3. Then she got excited all over again and said she wants to name him Ryan. That's my choice, too, but we'll see what Daddy picks.
4. When we told Emma it was a boy, she said, "Now Daddy doesn't have to move out of the house!" Just once he said if it was a girl he was moving out, and she has not forgotten!
5. We're going to need to do some serious shopping, since our house is currently filled with all things pink, purple, tutu, princess and baby related. My sister is going to be all over that.
6. Based on measurement, due date is 9/25. We'll see what my doctor says at my appointment next week, whether he keeps it 9/30 or moves it to 9/25.
7. We're excited. :)

10 comments:

Niki Kline said...

So I cried when I read it's a boy. Must be the preggo stuff kicking in since I cry when watching certain commercials too :) Congrats....so exciting. Our due date is just shortly before yours...popular month. Very exciting that you're having a boy. I think Tom is jealous, just a little. Have fun getting all kinds of baby boy stuff this time around!

darcy said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you! I BET Micheal is in shock!!!

Kelly B. said...

CONGRATS to you guys! It is nice having balance in the house! :)

stacy d said...

Oh Erin! Congratulations! You'll love having a little boy in the house! I'm so happy for your entire family!

Renee said...

so exciting!!!!!!! yay!!!

Missy said...

This is SO EXCITING!! LOL about Emma saying Daddy doesn't have to move out....I love the Robeez too! That's the first thing I would have bought too. SHOES!! Oh and for the record- I had to pee so bad for my ultra sound with Laney that I WAS in tears and they let me go to the bathroom halfway through the ultrasound!

Marie said...

yea!!!!! i'm so excited-and for the record, knew it :)

you will LOVE having a boy!!!!

Rebekah said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! you're having a BOY!!! how exciting, erin!! high fives all around to the sweeneys. :) seriously i stalked your blog yesterday just *waiting* for you to post something. haha!! :) whoohooo. hugs, friend. hugs!!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Awesome news! I bet you're all so thrilled! Though I don't have a preference whether we have a boy or girl first, Chris definitely wants a boy, so maybe you can send some boy vibes our way :)

Cheryl said...

i love the outtakes. :D
and you are the cutest pregnant lady ever!