Thursday, April 24, 2008

Decapitation

For Christmas Michael got me a necklace with two birthstone charms representing Emma and Mackenzie. I loved it. It was the perfect gift for me. I'd always wanted something like this but I'd actually never told him before. He knows me well. I treasure it.

This is what Emma did to said necklace Monday while I was cutting her bangs. I had her sitting on the bathroom counter and since she was having a hard time looking straight at me, I told her to look at my necklace. Big mistake. She pulled on the charms. I told her to stop. She pulled again. And decapitated it. Or would it be a reverse decapitation since the body came off and the head stayed on? Either way, the charm is dead.



I was really upset. And Emma picked up on it. When I "yelled" at her in a very quiet and serious voice she burst into tears. Never has that happened. Usually when she's in trouble she's laughs. Really, she does. But this time she cried and cried. So we sat on the bathroom floor and were sad together. Don't be too concerned though, after about 2 minutes she was up to no good again. Little stinker.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

awww, poor little decapitated girl! sorry your fave necklace was injured (or rather annihilated) in the midst of erin's hair salon. that will be a story to tell for years to come. :)

Marie said...

all i have to say is thank goodness for sales :) and we did get a picture of the original!

Mary Jo said...

Sigh...I know what you mean.
Although my son Evan (who's almost six) is learning.
He broke my *old school* CM paper trimmer. Just snapped it in half.
He knew I was a little upset and later I found it awkwardly taped together on my workspace.
You gotta love them :0)
Sorry about your necklace.

Anonymous said...

oh no! My little LOVES to pull, shake & chew on my necklaces - thank goondess they are just clearance items from Kohl's. Well at least you get to pick out more jewelry...

Anonymous said...

oh i'm sorry your necklace is broken!!

Missy said...

aww- they always know when you are really sad. I have a mom and child necklace too. It doesn't have any dangles though.