1. Emma's been sick since Friday. Just a virus, with a fever ranging from 99 - 104. Thankfully, she didn't get these:
2. Hives. Mackenzie's giant hives which she got the week before when she was sick with a virus and fever. Huge, aren't they? I think this one looks like Mickey Mouse.
3. I've now caught up and watched the Bones, Lost and Grey's Anatomy season finales. Looking forward to Without a Trace tonight, plus NCIS and Criminal Minds.
4. Speaking of Bones - did you like it? SPOILER: One one hand, I liked it a lot. I enjoyed seeing the characters in different roles, thought it was funny. On the other, the mystery was stupid, made no sense and was a waste of time. Still my favorite show, though.
5. I had a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of skim milk in the fridge in the garage today. Went out to get the whole milk and it was frozen solid. But the skim wasn't. Strangest thing. It's slowly thawing out.
6. I recently finished Iris Johansen's Deadlock and Debbie Macomber's Summer on Blossom Street. I'm currently reading Nora Robert's new book. Tonight I picked up Loitering with Intent by Stuart Woods and Mr. and Miss Anonymous by Fern Michaels. And there's only a few people ahead of me in line for Charlaine Harris' new Sookie book. Lots of reading to do.
7. I want to plant a container garden. Except that I know nothing about gardening. So I got two books at the library tonight. Hopefully I can figure it out. And it's not already too late to get started. If it is, I'll be well prepared for next year.
8. Speaking of gardens, when I was growing up we had two gardens in our backyard. My dad grew corn, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, peppers and plenty of other things I just can't remember. They were good-sized for our little backyard. I didn't think much of it then, although when I was little I liked to help. But now looking back I'm impressed. It's pretty cool that so much of our food came from our backyard.
9. Ring Around The Rosy.
10. Emma and Maya.