Sunday, January 13, 2008

About that goal...

So...I lost my keys. Last time I used them was either Monday or Tuesday, I'm not certain. And this isn't the first time. I lost my set of keys a year or two ago and while I was convinced one day they'd show up, they never did. And now it's happened again. How can I lose them when I had to use them to drive home? They've got to be in the house, right? Obviously, I did not follow the "A place for everything and everything in its place" rule that day.

Which leads me to what happened today. I went to meet Felicia at Cord to scrapbook and when I got in the car, I stuck the key in the open cigarette lighter. And when the sparks flew, instead of thinking, "Oops, that's not the ignition" I thought "Hmm..do I have the wrong key?" THEN I realized it was the lighter and not the ignition. No idea what led me to do this. I must have blown a fuse, because then the cell phone charger wouldn't work. Which means Michael can't charge his cell phone. At all. Because see, we no longer have cell phone chargers for the house. Because I lost them. Both of them. Seriously. Along with two sets of keys I also permanently lost both chargers. One last March when Emma was in the hospital, I left it there. When I called the next day they didn't have it. The other I accidently put in a grocery bag with our old cell phones and chargers when I cleaned out the desk and to this day I haven't found that bag.

So, to recap - not only have I lost the keys, again, I have also (hopefully only) temporarily caused my husband to be unable to charge his cell phone the only way he can since I'd previously caused us to be unable to charge both our cells in the house by losing the chargers. Whew. Let's just say he was a tad annoyed with me this weekend and leave it at that. :)

I really need to start practicing that goal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, it sounds like something I would do :) Jason has realized that I have (there is no option) to have the key-pad on my car because of how much I lock my keys in the car. :) You will find them...hopefully :)

Jen

Wendy Bretz said...

erin, you're silly!
key in the cigarette lighter?
you are too funny!!!
I hope you find your keys!

Wendy Bretz said...

erin, you're silly!
key in the cigarette lighter?
you are too funny!!!
I hope you find your keys!