1. Baby number three is due September 30.
2. I know. It was pretty obvious (at least to some) with me ignoring this blog and not being on facebook that often. But, I had to wait and see Missy so she could use her Super Pregnancy Detection Powers on me. I've felt so crappy I didn't know when that would happen. Thankfully last Friday was a good day, otherwise it might've been April before this went up.
3. As of yesterday, I'm 11 weeks along.
4. And I look like this already:
(Picture by Missy this past Friday, 10 weeks 2 days. Although I don't think dark red is really the color for showing off the already growing baby bump. And please excuse the bad hair. That was the first time I'd left my house since Monday except to take Emma to school.)
5. And at 8 weeks, I already had this:
See the wee little belly already showing?
(Photo courtesy of Emma one morning before working out.)
6. Here's the thing. I know with Mackenzie I showed earlier than with Emma. So I knew I'd show early this time. But really? Already?! Yesterday I had a fitted sweater on and Beth (my neighbor/friend from across the street) did a double take when I stood up. I think her words were something along the line of, "Oh my gosh! you popped out already!" Yes. Yes I did.
7. I found out pretty early this time around. I took a test on January 15th, at 3 weeks and 2 days. (I'd been nauseous and strangely mean to my husband. Like I knew I was being unreasonable and saying things I shouldn't, yet I couldn't stop.) Took it in the morning and got this.
If you look closely you'll see a very faint line. That afternoon I took another. Same faint line so I called Michael. The conversation went something like this:
Me (whispering): Michael. I think I'm pregnant.
Michael: That's good, right?
Me: Yeah. But I'm not sure. The line's really faint. I'm going to get a digital test.
8. That evening I took another test and got this:
Michael's parents were here, although I can't remember why, and as soon as I'd gotten back from the store I ran upstairs to use the bathroom while they were getting ready to leave. Then immediately called Michael again, hiding out in the bathroom.
Me (whispering again): Michael. It's positive. I'm pregnant.
Michael: What? Did you tell my parents already?
Me: No! I'm upstairs. They're leaving right now.
Me: Congratulations to you too.
Michael: I gotta go to practice.
Me: Okay. Bye.
Emma's pregnancy - big to do with card, baby gift, etc.
Mackenzie's pregnancy - I told him while standing in the kitchen making dinner.
Baby #3 - a short, hushed phone conversation.
If we were to ever have #4 (and we're not) he'll probably find out via text.
9. Positive pregnancy test count - 5. Yes. I took 5. Michael said the reason pregnancy is so expensive is all the tests women buy. He's probably right.
10. I've been reminded often in the last two months that I just don't do pregnancy well. Morning sickness is in full effect. Even with the Zofran, I'm still throwing up. Although I do seem to be having good days/weeks and bad days/weeks instead of all bad. But last week, even with the highest does of Zofran I can take, I spent a lot of time hanging out in the bathroom. I keep taking it though, my theory is it'll be worse without it. And the fatigue. Oh my. I swear it's worse this time. Emma's brain is being rotten by Nick Jr. because I just can't stay awake in the afternoon. And when I complain to Lisa, she kindly reminds me, "You wanted #3!" Ha! Yes, I did! And I'm so so so happy. I can't wait to meet his little guy/girl. :)