Thursday, October 28, 2010

So far today.

2am: I hear the girls talking. And talking. And talking some more.

2:05: they're in my room asking me to take the lids off their cups so they can have the last swallow of milk. Seriously. They apparently were thirsty for that last little bit from before bed, which for the record was still cold. Because I want to go back to sleep and them to go back to sleep because Ryan is still asleep (since 11:15 pm) I do this. They go back to their room.

2:10 4am (this is all a bit of a blur since, you know, it was the middle of the night and I should've been asleep) - Emma coughs. The girls go get water out of the bathroom. (I'm thankful for the invention of Dixie Cups.) More coughing. Mac comes in because she peed in her pull-up and wants it off. I tell her to get one and come back in. She can't find them so I have to go to her room. Emma coughs more. (You know that annoying cough because your throat is dry and you just can't make it go away? that's what she had.) Mackenzie comes back as says she wants to lay in our bed. She does. Then gets bored and leaves out bed without saying a thing, I think she thought I was asleep. I wasn't. More talking. More coughing. I lay awake just listening to Emma cough except for the short time I dozed off and dreamt that Emma coughed so hard she threw up so I start yelling at Michael, "Puke! Puke! Puke!" because apparently in my dream world it means "Wake up and come help me clean it up!' At least that's what I was thinking while yelling it in my dream.

4am - Ryan wakes up to eat. I'm excited he slept for almost 5 hours straight; not excited I also didn't sleep for almost five hours straight.

4:15 - Another thing I'm not excited about? When changing his diaper in his dimly lit room I stick my hand in poop. He'd exploded. All over his thigh, clothes, stomach, back, everywhere.

5:15 am - Michael gets up and I tell him about my dream and yell "Puke! Puke! Puke!" at him for full effect of dream-telling.

8am - Ryan's up and hungry. I feed him and change his diaper during which I discover I'm not very good at cleaning up diaper explosions in dim light while tired. turns out I missed some places. Like his whole right side and thigh. Well, I didn't completely miss, I'd gotten most of it but left traces. Sorry kid. So I cleaned him up and we head to my bed.

8:30 -Girls are up and get in bed with us and then I think Ryan and I dozed off and on until about 9:45. It's all a bit hazy.

9:45 - I shower then give Ryan a bath. This is what happens to you when you have two older sisters. Also, because you're the third and already getting shafted. You get pink and purple fairy towels. Again, sorry kid.


When you're a peanut like Ryan, the snaps on 0-3 month onesies will come down to mid-calf at 5 1/2 weeks.


11:00am - After drying my hair I hear Mackenzie talking to Ryan but don't see her by the crib. That's because she was in the crib.


Emma then asked to get in the crib, I said no, so she settled on being in a picture with him.


The end. So far.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: