Friday, May 04, 2012

Any May a Beautiful Change

My friend Marie's sister Katherine has written a book. A book I've heard is absolutely fabulous and is on my to-read list. 




May is all about celebrating this wonderful book. You can read about Any May a Beautiful Change here on Katherine's blog. There are also links to many others sharing their stories about a Beautiful Change.

For me, the beautiful change in my life was becoming a stay-at-home-mom. It's something I never thought I wanted. I knew I wanted kids and I was excited to become a mother one day. But it wasn't until I met Michael and we started discussing having children one day that I realized I wanted to stay home with them. I thought for sure I would be a career woman. I was in college long enough, I had to work to make that degree worth it, right? But no. The next work day after I found out I was pregnant I told my boss (who was also my friend) that I was putting in my nine-month notice.

I love staying home with my kids. 

I can't say it enough. For me, it's the perfect choice. I get to spend every day with them. I see every milestone occur. I get to experience all the things they learn right along with them. I get to have pajama days where we snuggle in the chair and watch cartoons. I get to color and craft and do puzzles with them. I'm able to teach them and watch them learn. I get to help in their classrooms and attend their school parties.  I get to eat breakfast and lunch with them. I get to take them with me everywhere I go - errands, to the gym, the library, to visit friends and out to lunch. I can grab a hug and a kiss whenever I want. 

Now that's not to say there aren't times when I need a break. I'd be lying if I said every moment was joyous and every day runs smoothly. They aren't and it doesn't. But that's okay. I'll take the bad with the good and embrace it. Because before I know it all three will be in school and my time with them will become limited and I'll be wishing they were there to drive me crazy.

So I'll take the temper tantrums and crushed Kix and underwear left all over the house (I have no idea how this happens) and messes and frustrations and whining and the constant calling of my name.

I'll take it all and I will treasure it and try to remember every little detail and embrace it. Embrace them.

This is what I'm meant to do. Be a mom. Be home with my kids.  

I wouldn't trade it for a thing.



1 comment:

Marie said...

I love your beautiful change :)