1. Summer haircuts. Emma's been asking for a while to get her hair cut. Mackenzie chimed in today that she'd like hers cut too. So this afternoon we went to Snippets where the girls walked in like this,
And out like this.
Emma wanted it to her shoulders, that's what she kept saying over and over. Mackenzie just wanted it short. And then shorter. I asked her at least 10 times, are you sure? I kept explaining that once she cut it this short there would be no more ponytails or braids (which she's been very in to lately) but she said she knew. In fact, her words were, "it's okay Mommy. I don't need a pony." She handled it much better than I did. I went between the two stations with my heart pounding and my hands shaking. Mackenzie's only had her hair trimmed three times and Emma's hasn't been this short since, well, ever. We've, or I rather, have always just let it grow. But it's their hair. It's summer. Time to try it and go short. And they love it. Emma's will be easier to brush and Mackenzie's will make for much easier mornings since she won't be crying every time I brush/style it. Plus, it's really, really cute.
2. Today was Mackenzie's Little Gym program.
3. And Emma's Safety Town graduation.
4. And this guy, well he needs a whole post to himself with all he's been up to lately.
5. Wednesday was Emma's Little Gym program.
and a Tball game.
There was also two trips to the pool, playtime outside and with friends, an evening at the outlets, eating on the deck, mornings at the fitness center/kid park, errands, summer Bible study began, family here for programs and to visit, and more. It was a fun and busy week. Which is just a preview of the summer to come, I'm sure!